“You can’t tell how deep a puddle is until you step into it”.
Today’s Family Life Project was a joyous spur of the moment thought. I looked out the window at 8:00 a.m. and saw glorious light reflecting off all the puddles in the street.
Buzzy could hardly contain his sheer delight that
1. He got to go outside so early.
2. He got to wear his new rain boots.
3. He was being encouraged to jump in puddles!
If you want to achieve true authenticity in your family life images here’s some golden tips for real emotion:
1. Do something spontaneous and out of the typical routine.
2. Let your child have fun doing something that is usually “discouraged”!
If you want to make the neighbors question your sanity:
1. Bring your kid to play at the edge of a busy road and take pictures like it’s a completely normal idea.
2. Demonstrate how to jump in puddles yourself.
3. Sing songs and practice counting out loud to ten and naming the colors of your surroundings to engage your subject 🙂
Check out Rhonda’s images HERE.
Brooke Snow is a Lifestyle photographer in Cache Valley, Utah. She is learning how to use photography to strengthen the family relationships in her own home and help her “chill out” as a mom. Bet you didn’t know photography had super powers 🙂
Brooke teaches inspiring online photography classes that bring you confidence in your skills and creativity.
Did you like this post? Please share it!