Some lovely finds! I hope you enjoy!
1. FOSTERING CREATIVITY: Getting out of Photography Rut. You can never have too many of these type of articles :)
2. AUTHENTICITY: 5 Tips for Achieving Natural Smiles. I have a pretty good radar for this now (spotting fake smiles–even pretty ones). Its a really annoying habit I now have, but it makes me much more conscious of bringing out the real grins. Amazing how you can feel the difference.
3. DIY GLORY: So You Think You Can’t Have a Home Studio. Great post on how to turn any old room in your house to a great studio space. I’m a fan of frugal and functional and this is both.
4. REMINDER: Photographing Real Moments. I felt a very large guilty conscious reading this post. I am afraid to admit how many photos I do not take because the light is bad or the composition can’t be fixed…or the photos I don’t take simply because we all look down right sloppy. This was a great reminder.
5. INSPIRATION: Creativity: Find Your Rhythm. David Du Chemin is so inspiring–especially with the personal recovery he’s struggling with right now (fell off a deathly high wall in Italy and nearly broke his whole body). His posts lately have been right on target for what I need. I love his take on creativity having highs and lows and how to deal with it. You’ll find about a dozen quotable quotes in this rich post. And while we’re here, you might as well read THIS POSTtoo.