Write and Burn
Have you ever heard of the write and burn method? A spiritual mentor of mine introduced it to me this week. For years I have been doing Julia Cameron’s “Morning Pages” ritual, that consists of journaling stream of conscious thought for ten minutes. It’s a great way to get junk out of our subconscious so we are more capable of being creative and free. Write and Burn, is similar but far more intentional and glorious.
1. Begin with prayer and ask for God’s help to clear the negative emotions you feel.
2. Start with the prompt:
“When I think about ______, I feel _________”
3. Write until your hand stops.
4. Ask if everything is clear.
5. If yes, continue by writing down “My intention is that all of this is released energetically, emotionally, physically, and spiritually from me and from all generations past and present and forward through the atonement of Christ.”
6. Say Thank you.
7. Write in a gratitude journal to replace the space that was cleared with light and truth.
8. Trash the papers. Never ever read them again, or you will put all those thoughts and emotions right back inside.
I tried it for the first time this morning and it was truly amazing. I did experience a clearing of some challenging emotions and a limiting belief that I have carried for a long time. This works! Have you ever done something similar? I’d love to hear your thoughts! #reallifebalance #makingprogress