Weeks Top Review
It likely would be more fitting to do a Years Top Review, but I’ll save that for 2012!
This time of year is one of my favorite introspective periods. I love goals. I love the concept of renewal, doing better, self improvement, and all things “resolve”.
In that spirit, you can see a bit of a trend in
my top online reads this week.
I hope they gear you up for a stellar 2011 as much as they did for me!
1. Maybe Next Year by Seth Godin. “It’s not too late… just later than it was.” Always love Seth’s short quick profundity.
2. When New is Better than Better by Dane Sanders. I love his analogy to looking at our lives through a new lens. How would we change from a new perspective or shedding biases?
3. Afraid to Un-Dream by Jasmine Star. Ready to make your goals scare you a little? Wahoo!
4. Allow Yourself by Gorgeously Green. Favorite line: “So 2011 for me is a year when I will relax and further commit to allowing myself to be “me”.”
5. New Years: “Look Not Behind Thee” by MormonMessages. LOVE LOVE LOVE the concept of this short clip about leaving our past behind and not looking back. Progress happens when we look forward and take steps towards the right things in life.
Brooke Snow is a Lifestyle photographer in Cache Valley, Utah. She is completely surprised by the happenings in her life of 2010. Many goals were reached, some were not even close to accomplishment, and most of all, life took turns that were never even foreseen. Despite the worthy goal of reaching for the stars, Brooke’s number one goal for 2o11 is “to get up!”. Yes. Get up. As in get out of bed every single day. Mind you, the get up has the single caveat of being “early… and a significant amount of time before everyone else in the house gets up“. For you see, if she can get up, then that entire list of daily golden intentions will get done. But it all rests on the time to do it…which just happens to be before sunrise when no one else needs her.