Photography Scholarship Opportunity
For any of you fabulous women out there who don’t know about this already, I thought I’d do a post about an AWESOME scholarship opportunity for 3 women photographers!!!
Me Ra Koh, one of my favorite motivational photographers, has pooled together some amazing resources to provide THREE women with an entire years worth of training, equipment, and other awesome bonuses to help new aspiring photographers (of any skill level). All expenses are paid (including travel) and the opportunities included in this scholarship are jaw dropping generous. They include:
- Me Ra’s Favorite Camera, Sony Alpha Copper Brown Digital SLR A330 Camera with 18-55mm Lens
- Sony 50 mm DT- F/1.8 SAL50F18 lens
- Sony 30mm DT -F/2.8 SAM Macro lens
- Sony HVLF20AM TTL Digital External Flash for Sony Alpha Digital SLR Cameras
- NEW! Kids in Focus Instructional DVD, starring celebrity photographer, Me Ra Koh and her kids!
- SmugMug is going to put their top people in charge of building custom websites and blogs for all three winners.
- SmugMug will provide Pro Accounts to all three winners.
- Photoshop Lightroom 2
- Photoshop CS4
- Lightroom 2 Classroom in a Book
- Photoshop CS4 Classroom in a Book
- Kelby Media Training will send a subscription of Photoshop and Layers and also set them up for Kelby online training
- Individual coaching interview and questionnaire
- In-person meeting – with Me Ra on the phone to kick it off!
- Ignite the Flame weekend Workshop January 22-24, San Francisco Bay Area
- Monthly individual business coaching session
- Monthly teleconference for the team
- Mid-year review Teleconference Call to celebrate accomplishments and set-up the second half of the SOAR! Year
- Concluding session to develop a plan for Phase 3 – how to keep it going after the formal program ends
- End of year Celebration Teleconference Call
- TWO POWERFUL MENTORING TELECONFERENCE SESSIONS
- Tips and Tricks to Marketing Your Local Community
- Marketing for the Holiday Season
- Branding & Messaging Strategy Session with Rachel LaCour Niesen & Andrew Niesen in San Francisco.
LaCour photographers & entrepreneurs Rachel LaCour Niesen and Andrew Niesen will guide you through the creative process of branding, from crafting an image to conveying a singular message. Understand your value proposition and identify a positioning statement that serves as a roadmap for your success story. Walk away empowered, with a powerful Messaging Framework for your journey! Clarify who you are as a photographer & witness a world open up that you’ve never dreamed of!
Plus, we’ll treat you to dinner with other SOAR! scholarship winners in downtown San Francisco! The best dreams get their wings over wonderful food, drink and conversation!
- ONE YEAR of ShootQ, when you’re ready to kickstart your journey!
The Deadline is Monday, December 21st, so get on it! Just a few days left to apply!
This is a great opportunity for any of you moms out there who love photography but lack the finances, photography equipment, or ability to go to school or get any training. As long as you can leave your kids for only about 2 weekends in the next year (again, all expenses paid) for some one on one training, you can do everything else from home! Awesome!
I completely encourage everyone to apply for this great opportunity! I wish I could apply, so do it for me!