1. DIY HOME STUDIO. I love frugality and diy options for photography. It can usually be a pretty expensive hobby or profession. This was a great tutorial on a super simple set up for a home studio that even I could manage to put together on no budget!
2. PREPPING FOR A SHOOT: Most of the advice we give people in preparing for a shoot is usually along the lines of what to wear and what to expect. I loved Laura’s tips from a cosmetologist perspective! Let’s just say, I never thought of brushing my lips 🙂 This would be fun things to include for client preparation!
3. TIPS FOR BLOGGING: I loved this post by Jenika on “How to write personal blog posts when you’re a private person?” I think coming to a comfortable balance on a professional blog is different for everyone, and very often its an organic process that you sort of grow into 🙂
4. POSING TIPS: This is a great article on Posing Tips for Families with Older Children. Even though I consider myself a lifestyle photographer with a heightened awareness of authentic emotion, I still don’t believe that emotion is everything. What good is a wonderful laughing joyous shot that is taken from an unflattering angle and poorly composed? Aesthetic still plays an important part in truly powerful work. Good posing helps immensely!
5. WRITE BETTER: A blog can be a powerful tool for your business when written well 🙂 Kelly is up to something with her dream house idea of content creation. I signed up and took the personality test to find out what type of “writer” I am and when and where I am most productive! Quite enlightening. Can’t wait to see what comes next!